Sunday, August 2, 2026

I Realized Something About Myself Creatively

 

"Back to Back" by Christine Graves via NightCafe Studio

So, I learned something about myself tonight that I did not realize. I have a color scheme preference. Apparently, I have a thing for images done either in shades of blue, purple, and pink OR I have a thing for images done in black, maroon, and gold. 

Earlier tonight, I was working on my daily image creation on NightCafe Studio. Once I'd done my daily image, I worked on my next image for the daily challenge. However, the challenge is the weekly "Monday Masterpiece," and any image can be used.

As I was looking through some of the images I've already created, it dawned on me that most of them are either done in tones of deep blues and dark purples with a splash of light pink, or they're done in hues of maroon and black with gold accents. 

Honestly, I was a little shocked. I didn't realize that I had so many images done in those color schemes. I love both of them. I love the vibe of the black and maroon with gold highlights. They're bold and seductive. They draw a part of me in that wants to let go and live free.

The images done in shades of blue and purple with light pink highlights are relaxing and calm. I feel at peace with myself when I see those. I can't explain it, but I feel almost lighter when I make those images. I'm allowing myself to view the world in a less chaotic mood. 

Now mind you, I do make images in a wide variety of colors. Some of the coolest I've made are butterflies in shades of mint green and coral. They are gorgeous.

"Mint and Coral Butterfly" by Christine Graves via Perchance.org

I love this color pairing very much. I don't use it very often, but I think this combination works very well together. And that's another thing I've learned about myself creatively. I always try to pair up different color combinations. Honestly, mint green and coral was a fluke. I didn't think it would come out as well as it did, and I'm so glad I gave it a shot.

Not every image I create comes out as well as these have, no matter what color combination I use. I will admit that I've tried a few combinations together that I did NOT like. However, I'm not sure if it was because of the colors, or I just didn't like the image. That could be the issue.

What are your favorite color combinations? Do you have an suggestions on what I might try next? If so, leave your thoughts in the comments. I'd love to know what you think. 

Until next time,






No comments:

Post a Comment